Saturday, October 15

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

Thankfully this is not something I feel I can write with much authority but I there are a few things I want to try and say.

They say that 1 in 4 women have experienced baby loss at some stage.  Most of us know at least one of those 1 in 4 women.  My husband's best man lost their first born two weeks before our wedding.  I remember his wife (who I barely knew) saying how glad they were to have a reason to get out and have fun.  I remember watching her in awe as she was able to go on with life.

I was already a mother at that stage and could just not comprehend how it would be possible to on with life after the loss of a child.  Actually even when I was 12 and my Aunt lost her nearly 18 year old daughter I wondered how life was meant to go on after such a tragic loss.  Apparently it just has to.

Sadly the blogosphere seems to be like a collection pool of women suffering, coping and living with the loss of an infant or child.  I say sadly in that it is heartbreaking what some have been through I think it is awesome that they share their stories.  I can only imagine that knowing someone else has experienced something similar is something of a comfort.

So today October 15th, at 7 pm parents around the globe will light a candle in remembrance of their child.

Trish over at My Little Drummer Boys (who inspired me to write this post when I read this) said that

It is my sincere wish that those touched by the loss of a baby are well supported, able to process their loss and hopeful for the future... (not my words but heartfelt wish)
I would like to echo that wish and add

Image credit

To all out there who have suffered, 
and been touched by such loss

I send out an endless supply 
of love filled fairy wishes and butterfly kisses.  

I know not of your grief and have not felt such pain
and I wish that no one did, ever again 

But alas that will not be the case.
The Lord for some reason, and I don't know why,
will always be needing these precious souls by his side

May as each day pass, for those that hurt most
I pray for it to hurt just a little bit less.