Thursday, August 25

Thankful Thursday

What a week!  And it is still not over yet. 

Regular readers would have noticed a bit of an absence this week from yours truly.  I wish that I could say that was because I have been off galavanting around the countryside or sailing the seven seas or something interesting and fun but that is not the case.  Instead I have been furiously helping some of the kids from the girl's school interview past teachers and students in preparation for the big birthday bash next week.  Of course all of what I am doing should have been done months or at least weeks ago but as I am fast discovering organisational skills are not necessarily my strongest asset.

In between all of that I tried to enter in the NYC Flash Fiction Challenge  I say tried because ten minutes before the deadline I managed to delete my entry.  (I know well done me)  Before you try and tell me it could have been recovered I don't think that is the case.  You see I managed to discard the document before I actually saved it.  (Super well done me hey?)

Anyway moving right along as today is Thursday which means it is time to head over to Kate Says Stuff and give a bit of thanks.  So here is what I am thankful for this week.

First off the bat I want to give thanks to Sarah for selecting APL as her featured blog of the week.  Can't begin to explain how happy that made me.

I am thankful for the fact that I don't have to go to work as it means I am able to be super involved with the girl's school.  Now I know that I may at times complain more than just a little about all that I have choose to be involved with but deep down I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

While we are talking about the school I am thankful for the fact that DD3 let me spend so much time their in the last few weeks getting done what I need to without wreaking to much havoc in the office or staffroom or where ever else we might have been.

I am thankful that Mr Taxman was particularly generous to us this year and paid in a rather timely fashion as well.  This leads me to my next thing to be thankful for which is the iPad I just bought hubs for father's day.  No really it is for him, not me at all.

I am also thankful for the fact that hubs doesn't read my blog often so I know I can safely share my recent purchase without spoiling the surprise.  If I couldn't spill the beans here I think I may well have burst with excitement.  After all we are talking an iPad 2.

Finally I must again give thanks to my wonderful husband and the fact that he has never once walked in the door and grumbled about the lack of housework I may or may not have done, or demand his dinner on the table at a set time, or any of the other ridiculous expectations that many women have to put up with.

So what are you thankful for?  Head over to
and share what you are thankful for.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

7 comments:

  1. YAY for awesome hubs, and what an ace present!

    I so look forward to your entries each Thursday (and your other days as well of course, when life allows it ;)). Thanks so much for joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that would have killed me losing that writing piece. I tend to be an obsessive user of the cntrl+S shortcut these days when on my pc. Rather ironically however, I'm typing this on my iPad and I managed to accidentally click off while posting my last comment and lost it! I guess that's the universe telling me something! Glad to hear your husband is the lovely and modern/enlightened type :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep Jayne I was pretty gutted, there may even have been a tear or two. It was such a stupid thing to do. I had a few different versions open at the one time while I worked out where exactly it was going. When I had finished I just started closing the windows and closed the wrong one. Live and learn. Apparently everything happens for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy busy week! Oh noes about the Flash Fiction attempt (I deleted a guest blog post draft and thought that was bad!). Yay, for cooperate daughter and timely, generous Taxman, and not least of all for iPad2! You're, I mean, HE'S going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you did cry! How shattering!!

    Your Hubby is going to be one VERY happy man come Fathers day! Do you think you'll be able to hold back from "testing it out" though? Because you have to make sure it works... just in case it needs to go back because of a fault... *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Miss Cinders! I had not even thought about testing it out! I hid it as soon as I got home, still in the bag and everything, working on the out of sight, out of mind theory. I keep giggling to myself every time I think about it. One of the many things I love about hubs is that even if he did find out about it he would play along any way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my iPad2 - I would be shouting it out too. Lucky hubby !
    I am thankful my hub is very similar to yours in the not grumbling about what I don't do.
    Good luck with Birthday bash.

    ReplyDelete

Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses to you, thanks for stopping by, it really means a lot, you taking the time so say hi. I try as much as I can to write a reply but if for some chance I don't get to it please know that I always read them.