Sunday, January 9

2011 The Year of Trying

So welcome to the New Year. (A bit late I know but hey better than never) With DD1 away I am on something of an auto pilot at the moment. It is just easier that way. After all life must go on and all that. Perhaps why the meet and greet group has been such a good idea?

As you may recall I have been stepping outside old boundaries and trying something new. Now I know that the rest of the world has been out meeting people for quite some time but it has not been a regular part of. I look back to my early twenties and I wonder how I ever got by. I mean every day I was out there, in public meeting people talking to all sorts of different characters and apparently loved it. Quite frankly at this point in my life I could not think of anything worse, hence why I am a SAHM (with strong focus on the SAH aspect)

So my first two attempts at this new way of life have proved to be quite sucessful. So far all the people have been incredibly lovely and it has been nothing but a positive experience for me. In fact it has been so positive that I have a further two bookings made for the coming week and I am even considering extending this. However I am cautious not to over extend myself so I will probably refrain.

Other things I am going to try this year include, regular cleaning (I should clarify that regular actually means daily), regular exercise (again daily), and a heap of other fads that will apparently in the end make me feel like a better person. That is not to say I don't currently hold a positive self worth but it is important (or so I've been told) to always strive to improve oneself, at least in some small way.

So far my trying has really just been limited to the meeting people. Small steps. It is only early on in the year, I still have a further three hundred and fifty odd days in which to try. Initially I was going to set myself a minimum of one thing a day to try. However once I started to think about it all I realised that one a day is just not enough. Which poses a problem. You see one a day I think I could actually manage any more could be overwhelming and I don't want to set myself up for failure. I guess perhaps I am just going to have to try harder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses to you, thanks for stopping by, it really means a lot, you taking the time so say hi. I try as much as I can to write a reply but if for some chance I don't get to it please know that I always read them.